FNPT II Simulator
Westline purchased a FNPT II Generic Multi Engine Piston Simulator. Based on Piper the PA34, in November 2012, which exceeded the standards required by the South African Civil Aviation Authority for the accreditation of such devices.
Incorporating Simulator Flight as part of training helps to keep the cost of training down.
FNPT II Training Credits in accordance with South African Civil Aviation Authority.
- 5 hours towards the initial PPL and Night Rating.
- 20 hours towards the initial Instrument Rating.
- 25 hours towards ATPL.
- 3 hours of training towards an Instrument Rating in another category.
- Maximum of 3 hours of the dual flight training may be acquired towards a multi-engine class rating.
- Annual Instrument Revalidation check with a Designated Flight Examiner according to a SACAA approved testing procedure.
- Aspects of the initial Instrument rating skills test that cannot be conducted in an aeroplane, including one type of the required instruments approaches.
- Preparation towards GRII and Grade I flight Instructors rating.
- Aspects of the Initial tests towards a GII or Gr I Flight Instructors rating that cannot be conducted in an aeroplane, including one type of the required instrument approaches.
- Gr I and Gr II Flight instructor revalidation flight tests.
- Maintenance of competency for an ATPL.
- 10 hours of instrument time, including at least 5 instrument approach procedures and a missed approach required for revalidation of an Instrument Rating lapsed for more than 24 months.
- Instrument Rating regency
The following aircraft are used for ab-initio training...
Westline's fleet consists mainly of C172's. This model is the best-selling, most frequently flown aircraft ever built. The durability, strength and stability, for which the Cessna is famous, makes it an ideally suitable aircraft for ab-initio training. It has the distinguished reputation as the safest general aviation aircraft available.
Piper Cherokee 28A-140
The following aircraft are used for more advance flight training...
The Piper Arrow provides an easy transition for students moving up to a complex aircraft.
Piper Cherokee 28R-180
Piper Arrow 28R-200
Beechcraft Baron BE 55
The Baron BE 55 is a piston twin with great handling qualities and performance which is ideal for advance training.